92% Positivity Score
7,300+ Learner Ratings
You don’t have to be a healthcare company to need HIPAA training. Lots of modern tech companies touch on sensitive information without realizing it. Give your team the baseline knowledge of HIPAA’s root principles, including the proper and ethical handling of data.
Try our HIPAA training for yourself:
What’s covered in Ethena’s HIPAA training?
This course covers the basics of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), which governs the regulations and standards that a HIPAA-compliant organization must meet, and is geared toward U.S.-based tech companies who collect, use, handle, and store personal health information.
- 40 minutes
- 6 training modules
- Additional languages available
- Customize content
- Created with tech companies and health tech workers in mind
- Deliver via Ethena’s LMS or your LMS solution
- What is HIPAA
- Why HIPAA matters
- Key terms and definitions
- PHI, ePHI, and individual data
HIPAA Legal Landscape
- HIPAA deep dive
- Privacy and Security Rule
- HIPAA Breach Notification Rule
- HITECH ACT
- Omnibus Rule
Consumer Rights & Privacy
- Consumers’ rights including privacy practices and safeguards
HIPAA Violations & Penalties
- HIPAA Enforcement Rule
- Common HIPAA violations and corporate penalties
- Civil monetary and criminal penalties
PHI & Security Safeguards
- Basic security safeguards
- How to report security incidents and potential breaches of PHI
Why train your employees on HIPAA?
Most HIPAA training isn’t keeping up with the changing landscape of who handles sensitive data. Ours does. Data privacy and protection should be a core value for teams doing business with healthcare providers, medical device companies, or other customers handling customer PHI.
Not a doctor
You won’t see characters in scrubs or suits, but you will encounter scenarios specific to the tech industry in our HIPAA training.
HIPAA is for People, too
Help your HR and People ops teams use best practices as they come in direct contact with employee PHI as they manage employer group health plans.
Ethics is more than good behavior
Signal to your team, shareholders, and customers that your organization takes HIPAA seriously, with training made for modern teams and their concerns.